Analyst/Associate will be responsible for supporting the team’s efforts to develop large scale solar and storage projects. This role will provide the opportunity to gain exposure to multiple functions, including origination, project development, project finance, and business development. We will consider candidates at both the Analyst and Associate level, depending on relevant work experience.
San Francisco Bay Area
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, conduct outreach and establish relationships with list of targeted landowners to secure viable land for project sites and easements
- Manage 3rd party land consultants and their scope, including reporting to broader development and business development team, manage budgets and priorities
- Review and organize all site control documents and related payments
- Negotiate favourable business terms for a wide variety of transaction documentation including letters of intent, purchase options, lease options, easements, surface waivers with landowners and their representatives, including drafting and review of agreements
- Conduct cold calls, letter campaigns, landowner meetings and site visits
- Develop and strategize siting campaigns in various US Markets with Real Estate and Development teams
- Perform high level analysis and review of title, zoning, floodplain, easements, leases, permitting fees, entitlement process, State/Local/NEPA, solar insolation, and other site-specific considerations. Advise the Real Estate and Development teams on any fatal flaws or issues that may prohibit acquisition or development.
- Coordinate landowner communication efforts.
- Assist in obtaining certain local, state and/or federal permits
- Represent Lightsource with customers, landowners, state and local officials and other stakeholders.
- Assist project budgeting and scheduling.
- Manage tasks according to budgets and schedules, including coordinating internal and external technical support.
- Coordinate with internal departments with regular communication, status updates, tracker setup and maintenance, participation in team and project meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills; ability to add value through creative input and forward-thinking
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills relating to significant contact, communication, and interdependency with other employees – legal counsel, counterparties, and business associates
- Meticulous attention to detail with exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Self-starter who initiates tasks proactively with minimal direction
- Ability to successfully prioritize and juggle competing deadlines
- Entrepreneurial work ethic
- Bright, enthusiastic individual interested in working in the dynamic renewable energy industry
- Ability to uphold standards of complete discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
Relevant Bachelors Degree
- 3-5+ years of real estate acquisition and development experience
- Experience reviewing, interpreting and resolving title and vesting issues
- Experience with solar or other renewable energy development is preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with ALTA surveys, Tax Maps, GIS software at a minimum Google Earth and Microsoft Office, e.g. Access, Excel, PowerPoint